European vehicles are beautifully designed cars. When you purchase these vehicles, the dealership will recommend to you that you always take it to a certified European specialist mechanic. And we, at Bob Workman’s European – Bob Workman, are going to tell you why!

Because most European cars are categorized as specialized vehicles, this means that sometimes you might need special tools, or specific pieces of equipment while tuning up the engine. Now, if you are talking about taking your European vehicle to any mechanic for a simple service or an oil change, that’s a little different. Currently, there is a little more to it than just that, but all in all, you are not required ever to go back to the dealer if you do not want to.

However, it would be best if you remembered is that, even though you can choose who works on your European car, it does not mean that every mechanic is qualified to do so. Many new cars today are very specialized, and even though they all have four wheels, sometimes that is where the similarities between different make and models stop.

When you purchase a European designed vehicle, the dealership will tell you that you shouldn’t take your car to anyone but that dealership for every service that your vehicle might need. If you upgraded to get free oil changes till X number of miles – cool, that’s different. Any mechanic can do an oil change when it comes to more extensive repairs though we do suggest that you choose a European specialty dealership OR a certified European Specialty service shop.

Why do we suggest that you go to a certified European Specialist shop or dealership? The mechanics that work at those repair shops have gone through special schoolings and had to maintain knowledge about specific makes and models of cars. Including all the quirks that some cars are known for, and how to fix them by the book. They have the best hands-on experience as well as knowledge about your vehicle’s engine

That is the most significant difference between when we suggest that you, yes, can take your car to any mechanic, and when we recommend, you SHOULD take your vehicle to a specialist mechanic. If you have any other questions, please give us at Bob Workman’s European – Bob Workman, we would be happy to answer your questions.